The collection and use of personal information
Imara may collect information about you and use it in the following ways:
- We may collect personal information about you from applications or forms you may complete, agreements you enter with us or during your establishing or maintaining a client relationship with us regarding an investment product or vehicle including your name, postal and email address, and other related information.
- When you use our Website, Imara will automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, and cookie information. We treat this data as non-personal information, except where we are compelled to do otherwise by law or legal authority.
- Investec only uses this data in aggregate form and we may provide this aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use the Website, so that our partners may also understand how users make use of the Website.
- We may collect information concerning the attachments you open with newsletters that are sent to you electronically.
- We also use the information we collect to inform you about changes to the website and, subject to any applicable local laws, other information that we think may be of interest and/or useful to you including our products and services.
- Of course, you are not required to supply any of the personal information that we may request. However, failure to do so may result in us not being able to provide services offered by Imara to you.
Who we may disclose the personal information to:
- Imara does not disclose your personal information to third parties, except as described in this Policy.
- Third party disclosures may include sharing such information with non-affiliated companies who perform support services on our behalf including those that provide professional, legal or accounting advice to Imara, in particular our Fund Administrators. These companies are required to ensure appropriate security measures are in place and maintain the confidentiality of such information to the extent they receive it, and to use your personal information only while providing such services and only for the purposes that Imara dictates.
- These non-affiliated companies, however, may be based in countries where privacy laws do not exist or provide less protection than the laws in the EU.
- We may also disclose your personal information to fulfil your instructions or pursuant to your express consent.
- Finally, under limited circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations, for instance, when responding to proceedings of a court of law or similar legal process, to protect against fraud, and to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
- Imara does not sell your personal information.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to access your personal information at any time to check whether it is accurate and up-to-date and should contact us if you wish to do so.
Retention and Timely processing of the information
We will retain your personal information securely, in accordance with applicable laws, for so long as it is needed.